Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Thursday 30 May 2013

71. Wild Flowers


71.
Wild Flowers

Give me wild flowers any day, 
Instead of fancy blooms for which you have to pay,
A bluebell or a daisy to me has more to say,
Far more than hybrid plants in a big bouquet, 

Give me wild flowers any day, 
Buttercups and clover where i kneel to pray,
Woodbine, poppies and dandelions to me say,
God is in his heaven and everything's okay, 

Give me wild flowers any day, 
They don't need your compost throw the watering can away, 
Let forget me not's, heather and snowdrops mark your way, 
They'll bring a smile to your dark days as in your mind they stay,

You can keep your Chelsea flower show and Alan Titchmarsh to,
I'm sending cherry blossom and this poem from me to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment