Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Thursday 30 May 2013

70. Break Out


70.
Break Out

My voice broke at the same time as my heart.
I left childhood things behind, let song and music start!
Oh, where is love and where are girls and what am I for?
Am I meant to kiss a girl or go to die in war?
Must I be brave and ask a girl, can I have this dance?
I have itchy feet and hands, what’s that in my pants?
Why am I in this world?
Where is the perfect girl?
Loving, fighting, laughing, joking, talking, holding hands and smoking.
Pursuing, wooing, making a mistake.
Lots of talking over, music at the wake.
Drinking, thinking, laughing, crying, loving living, fearing dying, always hoping, sometimes trying.
Life will be the death of me.
I was born to be free.
Do I ever get it right?
Am I too old to fight?
May I say one word here?
Love.
I whisper in your ear!




No comments:

Post a Comment