Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Tuesday 21 May 2013

54. candy from strangers


54.
candy from strangers

medium, impermanence, mode, reluctant destination.
Attraction and Repulsion. The sickly-sweet sensuality of the station
the T-Girls in their flowing, white dresses and blue satin sashes
dancing with scissors and flicking their ashes
Silver-haired jurists that melt into queens
These, just a few of my favorite things

Above us burns The Bright and Hollow sky, below,
a migration of gray and sullen acolytes
bodies in frenzied motion, bodies in restless reserve
some slip silently through the cities ripped arteries
others are fine and final, framed in their frozen glass prisons
some grasp candles meant for pillars in the provinces
everything they know is wrong you know, but
they don’t really know everything you think they do

the passenger shouts in the general direction of the driver
‘We’ve been down this path before, It’s just a circle turned round upon itself’
‘There must be a devil between us’, answer, and smile
thrusts a tight fist-full of colorful and damp candy to his reluctant partner
‘you know I love you. I loved you before I knew you,
loved you when I didn't know I would know you’
the candy is soft, sweet, merciful, melts upon her tongue, burns
‘but now I know you so well’




No comments:

Post a Comment