Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Friday 10 May 2013

38. The Confrontation


38.
The Confrontation

From the bottom to the top and from top to the bottom
There lies a current state of dysfunction leading to dissatisfaction
Also known as the domino affect or a chain reaction.
This damn world has an affect on me.
We make up to brake up every other day due to the things I see.
I can only pray for a better day because I can no longer exist with you if things continue this way,
My TV reminds me of the full scale catastrophes,
How Casey Anthony walked away Scott free will be another one of life’s unsolved mysteries.
Is there anything left between us that you consider precious,
I can’t take another minute of being with you but yet your love is just that infectious.
And just when I start to think about all the good time we’ve had I am reminded of 911; Hurricane Katrina; you rocked Japan; you had my neighbors suit up and die over a war that was built on a lie.
You never considered letting their families say a proper good-bye.
You allow them to pollute our mother with toxins that lead to famine,
Drinking water with high levels of radiation causing young woman all over the world to be barren.
There is nothing left that is precious with in our youth,
Disrespecting elders all because they tried to help their hopeless asses and speak a little truth.
Men now have this sense of entitlement.
They want to mooch off women…lay on their backs all day…and be courted
The woman has had to be strong on her own for so long that this behavior has become acceptable not even peeping that there is some real bullshit going on.
The contamination must truly be on the water.
Fathers’ thinking it’s acceptable to date friends of his daughter.
Mothers are blaming their failed relationships on their children,
When it was really their stubborn ears and loose legs that got them into the situation that they are currently in.
World what is this foolish ass mess you got me in.
Can you show me an honest love?
Better yet can you show me unconditional love?
Why do you greet me with such disrespect?
Anguish, famine, disaster, and neglect.
And as I pick up the first stone to pay you back for your disrespect,
You remind me that everything I see is a reflection of our very own neglect…
We have raped our mother…
And now Mother Nature has finally gotten fed up and ran to get her brothers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment