Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Saturday 4 May 2013

29. A Conversation with the Road


29.
A Conversation with the Road

Road, I love my home and I wonder.
Why should I go?
Where will I go?
Where will you end?
With no idea which way to go I shake my head and ask, what is the point of leaving home?
So, I turn to think, I see a sign. 
All roads lead home.
Frustrated, I say to myself clearly there is no point to going down the Road.
Then I feel fear shaking me to my very bones and from the concrete the Road speaks!
It says but does not ask. “WHAT WILL YOU BRING HOME!”
Then I see, my mind is open to everything and with clarity I understand.
To have a home full of treasure, the kind that makes a home more precious than gold.
You must go down the Road, but I still wonder, which Road?
I feel a thrill and say “I will let the Wind choose my Road!”
For mysterious reasons yet to be known the wind blows down the unpaved Road…
Many years later, my home full of things more valuable than gems and stones, I tell my young.
“Love and Fun are found after you go down the Road”
They ask. Why should we go you give us both?
I say what the Road said many years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment