Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Saturday 27 April 2013

9. To Touch the Universe


9. 

To Touch the Universe

Let the wind blow my hair
let my spirit reach the sky...
My arms stretched out
I want to touch the Universe
sense his caresses
along my face
as the Sun wraps me
with his golden rays;
happy that I am alive.

Let me run down the field,
the tall prairie’s flowers
brushing along my legs,
my breathing rushing,
my heart beating,
with energy all the way
down to the creek
the running waters
gushing, rolling, splashing.

I sit on a boulder
listening to Nature;
birds building their nests,
squirrels jumping tree to tree,
a rabbit rushing under brush,
a country dog on his own
sniffing the freshness of Spring.
Time for a nap in a shaded spot,
present ignored 
to dream pastorale thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment