Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Saturday 27 April 2013

7. Chaotic war

7.
Chaotic War


The war in Syria, what is it for?
A million refugees, on their knees.
The good guys are the bad guys and the bad guys are the good.
There are no good guys, in my eyes.
When devils are at war, which side do you take?
Love is dead. There are many mourners at the wake.
That's how it seems from here.
This year.
Peace beats war.
Love defeats hate.
Oh beating heart, must we wait?
All want power, in this hour.
The meek, the mild must die and cry.
Why?
What have we learned, as the world turned?
Oh, holy hour.
Flower.
A rose, a thorn.
Why were we born?
From love, to love, with love, for love.
Heaven's above!
Treat a rose gently, enjoy its scent.
These words are Heaven meant.
Free us from Hell.
I wish you well.
Time will tell.
In love I dwell.
I am as old as Father Time.
Do you enjoy my rhyme?



No comments:

Post a Comment