Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Friday 14 June 2013

76. This And That


76.
This And That

Things I wish I said and did,
things I wish I hadn’t,
why can’t I keep my big mouth shut,
or sometimes open wider?

I have a tongue inside my mouth,
it’s been in other people’s,
I was born a catholic, no doubt,
I walked by church steeples.

I held hands and this and that
and sometimes a bit of the other,
I am a miracle of birth,
a credit to my mother.

Is talking just a waste of time,
who turns water into wine,
can words ever change a thing,
who turns winter into spring?

Enjoy yourself, I did, I know,
sometimes a bit of quick, quick, slow,
oh come outside, enjoy the ride,
forever after, laughter.

What I’m trying to say is this,
is a word better than a kiss
or a necessary prelude?
I could say more, encore, encore,
but that would be rude.




No comments:

Post a Comment